One of our favorite summer activities is travel, however we recognize that there are some aspects that can be stress-inducing. People often worry about how vacations can break their routines or potentially ruin their fitness progress. We want you to know that it is possible to truly enjoy your trips while keeping the momentum and motivation of your fitness journey. With these travel must-haves, you'll be prepared for anything your trip throws at you.
First things first is packing. Always a process, but one that can be made exponentially easier with a few of our favorite products we always use when going on vacation. Whether going on a weekend trip or a month-long holiday, these are our non-negotiables.
- The perfect organizer for all your creams, serums, and SPF’s. We love how the clear packaging makes it easy to spot each product, and the top handle adds that extra chic touch.
- These packing cubes make organizing your various outfits uncomplicated and truly help save space in your luggage. We like to group our cubes by clothing category that way you always know where each clothing piece is and can easily locate what you need.
- Nobody likes untangling a group of necklaces that stick together whenever you pack them in a single pouch. This affordable jewelry organizer has slots for earrings, rings, necklaces, and bracelets making your life that much easier.
- Who doesn’t love a functional but cute piece of luggage? Our absolute favorite go-to is the Beis Weekender. The ultimate carry-on that not only looks great, but has amazing functionality. Our favorite component is the bottom compartment that allows for separate storage.
Prep + Plan
To make the travel process easier on you, planning is key. Research where you're going and what's around you so you know where to pick up healthy bites, and don’t forget to bring healthy snacks on the plane for easy access to your everyday favorites. We love (link to snack). It’s also very important to stay hydrated when traveling so consider bringing along a water bottle to hold yourself accountable.
When it comes to planning how you will stay active or continue to incorporate fitness while on vacation, take it easy on yourself. If incorporating movement into your travels is important to you we dedicated an entire blog post to the topic which you can read here.
On The Plane
Our top priority when traveling is comfort above all else. Being comfortable makes travel enjoyable and helps us stay optimistic even on hectic travel days. These are a few of the products and tricks that make travel as relaxing as possible for us.
Noise Canceling Headphones
- Sometimes it’s just easier to drown out the noise around us when we want to relax and what better way to do that than by using noise canceling headphones? Not only do they look sleek, but they’ll help you focus on whatever show/playlist/movie you have to entertain you. To create the ultimate zen moment in-flight, consider downloading a meditation on the TSS app prior to take-off and listening with your headphones! Our favorites for moments where we want to feel calm are Ameerah’s 11 min Finding Calm + Rest and Kelsey’s 6 min Release Stress Meditation.
- The perfect companion for any trip, having a way to engage your mind will surely help the time pass. Lugging around paper books can add loads of unnecessary weight to your carry-on so having easy access to all your favorites on a kindle is the way to go.
- Of course we cannot forget a portable charger! The number one must-have for any trip because you never know when you’re going to need that extra power boost.
A Good Stretch
- Don’t forget to show your body some love by getting in an in-seat recovery sesh or opting for an in-aisle walk. We love to get up and move our legs to help get the blood flowing and then finish it off with a quick stretch taking inspiration from Megan’s 6 Minute Neck + Upper Back Stretch.